Useful Links

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Do you know God? You do know of Him? You do know about Him? But, do you know Him? That seems to be my mission right now, is seeking to know God more intimately, passionately, reverently. Maybe you'd like to join me in my quest to know God?

The invitation is open to anyone and everyone who would like to learn how to know God, as I explore the traits of his character which from what I understand is listed in Galatians 5:22-25 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Quite a list, huh? Is it a mountain too tough to climb? I don't think so, for we are to strive to become like Jesus. Don't you think God knew how difficult the task would be before he gave the instructions? I believe he knew exactly how tough it would be, that's where depending on God comes in; we're not supposed to rely on our own human abilities to arrive at this level.

Notice in the verses above it says ...have crucified the sinful nature... That I believe we are to do on a daily basis.

Let me know your comments and insights regarding "Knowing God" I'd like to hear from others..."JJ"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jackie Pickels
PrayerWarriorsUnite.com
http://community.adlandpro.com/go/joypix/myWebPage.aspx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home