Useful Links

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Becoming close to God is easy in one aspect, and difficult in others. I suppose it depends on the person. Seeking to know God, and learning how to know God is what I'm after. To keep step with the Spirit, live by the Spirit is easier said than done. Definately cannot depend on yourself, doing it in your own power is fruitless. Depending on God can be difficult when you're used to doing things yourself and extremely independent. Learning to be independent was a must for me after my mother's death in 1975. So, I have to now learn how to be dependent upon God.

REALIZE
We soon find it all but impossible to live the Christian life with our own strength and goodness. It is through God's strength that we know goodness. When we realize this, surrender becomes our priority. In seeking to unite our will with God's more fully, we don't want a fixed blissful union with him, one that is filled with passivity. Surrendering to Him means growth and progress. It is the freedom of moving forward with and through him, so that each of our relationships and all of our work, worship, suffering, and play reflect what he wants of us.
~Judith C. Lechman
Being so indepent has made it difficult to walk out the Christian walk of life. Yes it is difficult to give up your control of things ( or what you think is your control). As I've come to know God, however, it does become easier to give up the reins. Especially when you're giving them to someone who has only your best interests at heart.
What makes it difficult is that I really didn't believe that was the case in my beginning walk with God. I suppose I was quite conceited, actually, I know I was. I've never thought of myself as conceited before, and would never have used the word to describe myself. However, I thought I knew what was best for me in my life. Then I find out that it's not my life at all, but his. "We were bought with a price, Christ's death on the cross." That his death is the price he paid for me.
I guess I'll have to finish this later, it's time for getting ready for church. This afternoon we're having a friend come over for fellowship and food. My Husband & I are going to be involved with "CelebrateRecovery.com" in our church. So, until late this evening or tomorrow morning...
With Christs Love, "JJ"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jackie Pickels
PrayerWarriorsUnite.com "Coming Soon"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home