Useful Links

Friday, December 29, 2006

Are you a Watchman ?

These are scriptures that came to me during my time with the Lord this morning:

Ezekiel 3:17-19

Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me.When I say to the wicked man, you will surely die, and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. But if you warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin: but you will have saved yourself.

~~NOTES: I have made you a Watchman. In ancient Israel, watchmen were stationed on the highest parts of the city wall to inform its inhabitants of the progress of a battle. (1 Sam 14:16) or of approaching messengers (2Sam 18-24-27; 2Ki 9:17-20). The prophets were spiritual watchmen, relaying God's word to the people (see Jer 6:17; Hos 9:8; Hab 2:1) Ezekiel's function as a watchman was not so much to warn the exiles of the impending doom of Jerusalem as to teach that God holds each one responsible for his own behaviour. This commission, repeated in 33:7-9, is spelled out in Ch. 18

In the Potter's Hand ~ JJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home